225 Madison Avenue at 36th Street, New York, NY 10016. Just a short walk from Grand Central and Penn Station
Germany, Regensburg, ca. 1360
MS M.769 fol. 2r
Medallions from lower left:
1) Two half-figures of men, one wearing conical hat, holding partial scroll outside of medallion with raised right hand, indicating it with left hand, and Augustine of Hippo, wearing miter and cope, holding with right hand scroll inscribed AUGUSTINUS, indicating upward with left hand.
2) Half-figure of Evangelist John, indicating upward with right hand and touching with left hand, scroll inscribed IOHANNES.
3) Half-figure of man wearing knotted headgear, indicating upward with right hand, left hand extended to scroll with illegible inscription.
4) Half-figure of prophet (?) wearing hat, indicating upward with right hand, holding with left hand scroll with illegible inscription.
5) Half-figure of pope, wearing triple-crowned tiara, gloves and cope, raising right hand in blessing, holding with left hand scroll with illegible inscription.
6) Half-figures of men, one tonsured, and woman (?), two gesturing out of frame; scroll with illegible inscription furled around frame.
7) Half-figure of Denis of Paris as bishop, wearing miter, holding with both hands scroll inscribed DYONISIUS.
8) Half-figure of Judas Maccabeus wearing hat, indicating with right hand scroll inscribed MACHABEIS.
(3 of 231)