225 Madison Avenue at 36th Street, New York, NY 10016. Just a short walk from Grand Central and Penn Station
Almanac and calendar, with thunder prognostications
MS M.941 fol. 2r
Folio divided into six registers, with illustrations of thunder prognostications, with representation of thunder storm at top, enclosed in decorated frames, each with accompanying caption at right (the first part of the sequence is on fol. 1r):
1) June -- Illustration illegible.
2) July -- Animal lays beside field of grain. Above hangs scythe.
3) August -- Two men, both wearing hats, stand together.
4) September -- Five trees bearing fruit.
5) October -- Field of grain beside plant (?). Above is container.
6) November -- Two men, both wearing hats, one playing harp held in both hands, stand together.
(3 of 6)