225 Madison Avenue at 36th Street, New York, NY 10016. Just a short walk from Grand Central and Penn Station
MS M.772 fol. 92v
1) P³•lerinage: Scene, Pilgrim with Chastity and Poverty -- Pilgrim (Guillaume de Deguileville), tonsured, wearing monk's habit and carrying pilgrim's staff in right hand, stands behind Chastity, wearing wimpled veil, carrying staff in right hand, and Poverty, wearing gambeson, gesturing to Chastity, both walking up stairs into dormitory.
2) P³•lerinage: Discipline and Obedience -- Discipline, wearing hood, stands and holds shield. Beside her stands Obedience, holding cord in her right hand and with cords and strings wrapped around her left arm.
3) P³•lerinage: Lesson -- Lesson, wearing wimpled veil, extends with both arms parchment on which is honeyed food. A dove flies toward her.
4) P³•lerinage: Abstinence -- Abstinence, wearing gorget, stands and gestures.
5) P³•lerinage: Prayer -- Prayer, winged, wearing wimpled veil, seated, holding auger in left hand, with right hand extends messenger box to two seated figures, probably representing the Dead, all within chapel.
Miniatures executed in grisaille with color accents.
(84 of 89)